Skip to main content
View of Terrington used as page banner

Terrington Cliff Bowling Club

The club dates back to at least 1904 when John Goodrick won the Terrington Challenge Cup. The bowling green belonged to Cliff House which was purchased in 1899 by Miss Mary Egerton who made the green available to the community and became President of the club. After she died in 1913 the house (including the green) was bought by Sir Alfred Lascelles was became President until his death, aged 94, in 1952.

Cliff House, including the bowling green, was bought by Mr PGA Clementson and Mr J Robinson. Mr Clementson had been a Vice President of the Bowling Club since 1948 and was the Head Teacher of Terrington Hall School. Cliff House was sold in 1954 to the Village Hall Committee and the green was given to the Bowling Club.

Information on Terrington Cliff Bowling Club has been kindly supplied by Elaine Gathercole.

Captioned photograph
Bowlers in action - 1933 Wimbush photos
Captioned photograph
Bowling Club, unknown date
Captioned photograph

©Terrington Arts
This page last updated: 21st December 2021

Back to top of page